Thursday, September 24, 2009

NEW LIFE


Living in Park City these days. I suppose that life is way different than what I had in Massachusetts. I hardly ever work, only three mornings a week in exchange for rent and utilities compared to the 40 plus hours I was working at home. Since I have no bills (my parents still help me out with my cell phone and car insurance) I've been real picky about finding a job. Worked at a sandwich place on Main St here for a bit, but wasn't that fun so I just sort of stopped going. Still need to get over there to pick up a check. I have nothing to complain about other than having too many fun activities to distract me from working on my applications to Nurse Practitioner Programs. Tough life.

This quote just feels too appropriate.

"This has nothing to do with will-power; that's a crazy, useless word, anyway; you lack judgment--the judgment to decide at once when you know your imagination will play you false, given half a chance."

Spend way too much time day dreaming and not enough time in reality. While studying for GRE's I've learned a few words that describe exactly how I feel. Caprice. Not sure if its a good thing. Well I know it's not. Need to be more grounded for sure. More focused. Desultory is a another. Except I do have a plan, or at least I did. Apply to schools, get into one (UVM hopefully), go to school until I'm 27 and then live the rest of my life working three days a week, having fun the other four and going on plenty of vacations. Now my life is basically a vacation so it's been difficult to find the motivation to change it.

Anyways. Hennie just asked me to go to a rave tomorrow night.